Look, we know that you’re all grown up. You wait in traffic, pay the bills, collect swatches for those killer curtains you’ve been planning on making… ya, you’re an adult. And we’d be willing to guess that you’re a regular ol’ gourmand, whipping up fancy schmancy meals, hosting lavish dinner parties, serving delicately quaint desserts. While we are certainly alright with this sort of culinary opulence, we’re here to remind you of your roots… That’s right, there was a day when you longed for nothing but a syrupy sweet dessert that simultaneously gave you a sugar high and made it not just ok, but necessary, to get your hands dirty.
Today, we pay homage to our childhood, today, we celebrate this Sticky Bun Recipe Made from Pizza Dough.
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
To make the filling:
- In a bowl, mix softened butter, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon (we like this Rancho Gordo Canela Soft Cinnamon) until well combined.
- Set aside.
To make the pecan topping:
- Grease a 9 inch pie pan or cake pan, set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Remove form heat then stir in brown sugar and honey.
- Mix in pecans.
- Pour topping in the prepared pan.
- Set aside.
- Roll out each dough with a rolling pin into 6×4 rectangle.
- Divide the filling between the two doughs (Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe), and spread it as even as possible, leaving a space about ¼ inch from all sides.
- Starting from the short end of your rectangle, roll the dough into a log.
- Cut each log into eight pieces, then place cut side down into the prepared pan.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let the buns proof for an hour in a warm area of your kitchen (buns should double in size).
- Remove the plastic wrap then bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before carefully unmolding it into a serving tray.