We love avocados. In everything. But in a quest to incorporate this heart-healthy, omega 3 fatty-acid packed wonder fruit into our diet, in more then just guacamole and salads, we tested and compiled a list of our favorite avocado recipes from our own chefs as well as some of our favorite magazines and bloggers. Here’s our list of the best avocado recipes with everything from sweets, to compound butter, to soup!
In season right now in Southern California, look for avocados from your local farmers! Live in Los Angeles? Our chefs buy local avocados form Schaner Farm or J.J.’s Lone Daughter Ranch at the Santa Monica Farmer’s Market.
Our 10 Top Favorite Avocado Recipes!
Got a favorite avocado recipe of your own? Let us know! We’d love to try it!
1. Avocado Creme Brulee Recipe by Ian Knauer as seen in Gourmet Magazine.
2. Avocado Compound Butter Recipe (shown below) by certified chef and food writer, Valentina Kenney Wein. Valentina spends her weekends in her “kitchen retreat” creating delicious, hearty, comforting food to nourish her family and share with her readers. Her blog is named, appropriately enough: Cooking on the Weekends.
3. Roast Carrot and Avocado Salad with Orange and Lemon Dressing Recipe by Jamie Oliver, our favorite Brit Chef and healthy food advocate.
4. Citrus Salad with Avocados, Hazelnuts, and Prosciutto (shown below) by Cube Cafe, Cheese bar and Marketplace Executive Chef, Erin Eastland.
5. Avocado Fries Recipe by Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen.com. One of our favorite blogs for drool worthy recipes and photos.
6. Smashed White Bean and Avocado Club Sandwich Recipe from Real Simple Magazine.
7. Avocado Frozen Yogurt Recipe (shown below) by Jennifer of Foodess.com, a food/nutrition consultant & dietitian, freelance recipe developer and writer.
8. Avocado Pie Recipe (shown below) by Nicole of Pinch My Salt.com.
9. Avocado Mayo Spread Recipe (shown below) by Mary of Apron of Grace.com.
10. Warm Avocado Soup by David & Luise from one of our favorite healthy vegetarian blogs, Green Kitchen Stories.