Recipe by Erin Eastland
Photos by Amy Sheridan
If you liked our Homemade Chips and Salsa Recipe with Corn, we imagine you’re certainly going to be a fan of this spicy fresh mango salsa with padron peppers. This is a nice fruit forward twist for all of you mango maniacs out there. Try serving it up as another option to your classic pico de gallo, guac and or bean dip at your next BBQ or picnic.
Fresh Mango Salsa With Padron Peppers
Prep Time 30 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 ripe desert mangos
- 2 padron peppers
- 1 small shallot
- 2 tbp. citrus vinegar
- juice of 2 limes
- 5-6 peperoncini
- 2 tbp. cru di cures extra virgin olive oil
- Brunois, or tiny dice, the shallot and pardon peppers.
- Peel and small dice one mango.
- In a medium bowl mix the shallots, peppers and small diced mango and set aside.
- Peel and dice the other mango and put it into a blender with the vinegar (we use Huilerie Beaujolaise Citron Vinegar) and lime juice.
- Blend till smooth. Mix all ingredients together, including the pepperoncini (which should be well crushed) and then season with salt to taste.
Salsa should be a good balance of sweet, salt and spice.